Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Today Is A Beautiful Day!

September 8, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

Hollaa!! Today is a beautiful day! Finally we are seeing the sun. yaayy! Which is great because I am so white.  I need a tan. haha It has been raining all week so you know what that means? More blessings! Hermana Nelson told me that when we work in the rain, it brings more blessings for our husbands.  So I guess that's good.  haha Also, people freak out here when it's raining..so which is of course great because they ask...what are you doing out here?? Most of the time they think we are crazy, but allot of other times they are impressed. Which is great cuz then we get to talk to them about the gospel! wut wut.  Most of the streets here in our area are all dirt.  The rains came down and the floods came up..yeah so the streets are all flooded and now its all muddy. Our boots are always getting stuck so now they are super stinky and dirty.  Mom I'm getting the real mission experience! haha

I had some a few special experiences this week.  Friday was a little farewell party for one of the members in the branch leaving on a mission.  With some of the missionaries in our zone, we surprised her with a little song.  We sang ¨the army of Helaman ¨ song, a mixture of Spanish and English, while I played the ukulele.  I thought it went really well.  It was super sweet and awesome to sing this song as a missionary.  Everyday I look at my plaque and get goose bumps. It is wonderful to be able to have these experiences of sharing the gospel. I love it being a missionary!

Yesterday we went and visited the Albarengo Family.  They are investigators and have been investigating for a while now and are known by so many missionaries that pass by their house--because of their love.  Last night we had a little lesson about charity.  The mom bore to us her testimony on love and service and also, about the missionaries and missionary work. It was a special moment and it made me so happy. So grateful that I get the opportunity to meet people like her. 

Afterwards, they were taking us home, but then my companion and I realized we had no idea where we were.  We parked and they told us, do you want to get out and take pictures, we are at the beach! haha we told them that we were sad on Monday cuz we couldn't go and see the sea lions, so they surprised us last night by taking us! It was so fun and so cool! It was dark but you could still see them and for sure hear them.  I hope you can kind of see in the pictures.  Today we are going on another adventure with them! I'm so excited! I'll tell you about it next week! I love you all!!

Have a GREAT week!!! Love you!!!


Hermana Pukahi