Friday, September 19, 2014

Another Week Has Already Passed

September 15, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

Hola!! Another week has already passed. They seem to go faster and faster... crazy!  Well, this week was a lot of fun.  Monday after I wrote to ya´ll, we went to the beach. We got to see the sea lions again and this time in the light! (We also got to smell them....ha, ha.) I took a ton of pictures. I hope I will eventually get them sent to be put on the blog.

I love Necochea. It is so pretty here, and I'm starting to find my way around. The only problem is the wind here...which is a problem with skirts..ha ha! But it's okay because I got to change into my sweats on Saturday for a service project - woot, woot! It was one of the "Mormon helping hands" things.  Well, the whole district got together in a town near Necochea, and we worked on a school for little kids.  We cleaned up the school and the garden behind.  It was so much fun and a cool sight to see.  All of these members--members from the Rama (branch) that I knew, as well as others--with all of these missionaries--and we were all painting, digging, and weeding.  It was great!!

This week for zone conference, my companion and I sang the "How can I be?" song (the one from my farewell). It’s funny how much I’ve sang that song already. It’s really cool and honestly a really special song for me.  I want to be like each of those prophets that the song talks about. I want to be like Nephi, and Moroni.  I mean, how cool will that be?  But truly I'm so grateful for them and their examples. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and this gospel that I have. 

Yesterday, we were at a member's house. We were talking with her about being a member and what a blessing the gospel is in our lives. As we were talking, I realized how much of a blessing this knowledge is in my life now and every day.  I don't think I truly understood this great blessing that I had before being here on my mission.  I get the opportunity to see how it changes lives.  Not only the people around me, but how it's changing me.  I love being a missionary and serving the Lord and I'm happy--It's not easy--but I'm so happy! :)      

Love you all so much!!


Hermana Pukahi