Monday, September 22, 2014

Ahhhh, I'm 20!!

September 22, 2014

Ahhhh, I'm 20!! I can't believe it's my birthday. I feel soo old...ha, ha!!  AND I'm now 4 months in the mission...AND I'm starting my 4th transfer today here in Argentina.  Lots and lots of changes! I now have a new compañera, Hermana Nuñez, from Peru.  She's my fifth companion already!  wut, wut!

I had to say goodbye to Hermana Valenzuela yesterday.  :(  We were only together for 3 weeks, but it felt like we had been friends for years.  And now she's done with her mission and heading home!  With the help of the branch and the elders, we threw her a surprise farewell party this week.  Let me say...throwing a SURPRISE party for your companion is super hard--because she of course, she was always with me!  But I had a lot of help and it worked. She was totally surprised.

The Branch here is AWESOME! I love every single member.  They have really helped me to feel loved and feel like Necochea really is like my home.  Yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament. I got up and said, "Hermanos y Hermanas...ALOHA!"  Only a few people that I previously told before hand to repeat after me, said "Aloha" back. At first I think that the members thought it was super weird. But I explained to them how at home I felt here and how much true "aloha" I have felt from them.  Afterwards, ALL day yesterday, everybody kept saying..."Hermana Pukahi, ALOHHAA!!" and then they started hula dancing! Ha, ha!!

My talk was on the Restoration. Giving it made me realize how important it is to understand the restoration.  It is everything we believe. Because of the restoration...because of Joseph Smith...we have the gospel.  We have the light and the truth with us today. I am so grateful to have this knowledge of the gospel.  AND to be preaching it here in Argentina.  I love all of you!!! MUCHAS GRACIAS for all the birthday wishes!! I wish you all a great week!!

Con Amor,


Hermana Pukahi