Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Can't Believe It, I am 2 Now!

July 28, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

Hollaa!! I can't believe it, I am 2 now! It's already been two months...well only one month in Argentina.  But already another p-day.

This week I thought it was starting to get warm and then all of a sudden rain, and then back to sun, and then rain again.  Basically the weather here is bi-polar.  Exactly like Utah so hey! I'm not too far from home! Haha

There are some things here and there that remind me of Utah -- like how there are dogs EVERYWHERE, it's like I'm back at the animal shelter.  Except that these dogs are crazy.  They all love to go right up to the tires of cars and bark at them.  They love it, but it’s dangerous business because Argentines are even crazier drivers, soooo we see a lot of dogs get run over.... so I hate that!  But all dogs go to heaven, right?

This week my mission president came and visited our zone.  While we were each interviewed, Hna Parreño (his wife) talked to us.  What I understood, was wonderful and I really appreciate what she said.  She talked to us based on the talk by Elder Christofferson, "The Perception of the Sacred."  This talk is incredible and talks about our perception and our regard to sacred things.  He says it, straight to the point, "if you don't regard the sacred things, you will lose."  (Something like that...cuz I received it in Spanish)  He goes on to talk about -- if we had the plates, the plates of Mormon and the scrolls of Moses, in our hands.  We would all be very careful with them.  Put them in a special place, protected and treat it with the utmost respect. Right? 

Of course, the major value of these objects isn't of themselves; it's in the words that these object contain like their content, the words of the prophets.  We don't have these original plates and scrolls in our actual hands, but we have the words.  The words of God.  This is very serious.  And these words, these books, are sacred. 

Hna Parreño also went on to talk about the sacredness of our bodies. The temples of God.  She was very direct on tattoos and our appearance and at first I was taken back on why she was going into such detail about these things.... but after planning lessons for our investigators specifically about this subject, I now understand.  I have Christ's name on me at all times.  I am a representative of Christ more than ever in my life.  But, I also have been a representative since I became a member of this church at age 8.  I took upon me His name.  How I act, how I look, how I treat others. Everything as being a member of the church of JESUS CHRIST is about Him.  What an honor, and how sacred is this knowledge.  Remember that you always represent Christ in everything you do.  Satan is real, but hold onto that iron rod!

Like mom always says to us...when I obey I am happy all day.  I really worked on obedience this week and God truly blesses the obedient.  We found 3 big, wonderful families this past week -- all over the age of 8!! And we had SEVEN investigators at church yesterday!! Wow! What a beautiful week with amazing experiences. I love, love, love it! So happy see ----> :D this is a big smile and hug for all of you. I love you so much...more than this dulce de leche stuff they have here. Haha

Much mahalos for all the support!!

Con amor,


Hermana Pukahi