Tuesday, October 14, 2014

This Week Was Full Of Emotions...A Miracle Happend!

October 13, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,

This week was full of emotions.  It's been hard, but a miracle happened, and I had my first baptism!!!!  This is a picture of little Ezequiel. His sisters are all members of the church, but his parents are not.  We've been teaching him for a long time. Every time we talk about baptism, he runs away or says no, no, no!! He's been to church many times and to the activities, but every time we asked him to be baptized, he would say, NO WAY.  

On Wednesday, the assistants came, and we talked as a zone about the goals we want for our areas--about baptism and our purpose here as missionaries. They really got us excited and pumped up.

So... later walking down the street, we ran into one of the sisters of Ezekiel.  We said, "Hey, Mica! Are you excited for the baptism of Ezekiel this weekend?"  We don't know where it came from, but we had confidence and faith that he'd be baptized.  Mica, of course, has been wanting him to be baptized for awhile and said, "This weekend??" And we said, "Yeah!" and of course, she got super excited.  Later that night, we ran over to their house and Mica said, "Hey, Ezekiel are you ready for your baptism this weekend?" Ezekiel looked at us super confused, and we just said, "Yeah, Ezekiel, we have everything ready for you! The clothes, the cake, don't worry.  Do you wanna be baptized this weekend?" and then he said, "Okay!"  ha, ha! awww! It was the best!!

It was a special day...not easy...but a wonderful experience to be apart of.  It made me so so happy! :)  I love this family very much and I am so proud of little Ezekiel and his decision to be baptized. 

This week was a really hard week for me, but I can see through miracles like this that Heavenly Father truly loves me.  He truly loves his children and is always there.  Thank you all for the support of me and especially for the prayers of my family.  I love you!!

Love,


Hermana Pukahi

Little Ezekiel
Ezequiel Y Alberto
Ezequiel's family at his baptism.