Monday, July 14, 2014

This Week Was Fun!

July 14, 2014

Holaa! Family & Friends,

This week was fun!  We had this ward party for Argentina’s Independence Day, which happened to be on the semifinal game day too.  Anyways, it was a lot of fun. We ate empanadas and a bunch of pastries.  yuumm.  I could talk with the members with the ward and actually have real conversations.  Everyone is so awesome and so welcoming.  They definitely have a lot of patience with me, but they love to try to talk English. It’s great.

Meeting the members in the ward has been really fun.  I’ve gotten to the point where I just say I’m from Hawaii.  I’d say I’m from Utah...and then they just are like, wait? Why do you look like that?  Then they just want to know where my family is from so it makes sense. So to make things easier...I just say Hawaii haha.  Well literally EVERY time I say Hawaii, they say -- ohhh Hawaii! How pretty! ohh like hula! --- Then they dance literally every time and I love it.

Street contacting is a different story.  I’m really good at approaching people and starting the conversations, but a lot of people talk way fast and have a thick accent. So, that’s when my companion finishes the rest.  I’ve gotten really good at posing and smiling.  You know like the wheel of fortune girl.  I laugh when they laugh, point at my tag when I need to, and I say "Si" a lot.  Hopefully I’ll be saying good-bye to that girl soon though because I really want to understand what people are saying!

Words of wisdom for this week:
Remember that we are all in this together.
Heavenly Father has a plan for us.
But you gotta getcha getcha head in the game.
Only with Jesus Christ can we bop bop to the top.
Then, we’ll be soaring, flying. There is not a star in heaven we cannot reach.
-- Always for you Jerm!!! -- haha

I love you all!! Read the section faith in Jesus Christ in the true to the faith week.

Mucho Amor,

Hermana Pukahi


Prayers for Josh!!!